Wednesday, January 28, 2009

the first snow day

It's second week and already I get a day off from school! I'd really like to think I deserved the day off though, for all the work I've been doing.
But yes, a snow day. It was a little annoying getting a text a few seconds before my alarm actually went off, but I'm not complaining too much. I did get to sleep in, which was very nice. I had to shovel snow/slush/ice later which wasn't as nice as the sleeping in part.
First week finished, and another one almost done. I'm not exactly sure how I am going to make it through this semester. It's a bit of a crazy schedule with TONS of reading. Now I know some of you are thinking 'Too much reading? For Laura? But she's an English major!' But when you have to read insane amounts of stuffy philosophers, there is such a thing as too much reading.
It's still taking some adjusting to being back home. Home being here, not just the house. I got very spoiled with one hour lectures in London. How I miss them...I think my brain shuts off after about an hour. It makes those hour and twenty minutes classes feel like eternity. I miss the healthy vending machine on the Piazza in Tower Building. The one that had the bag of chilled pistachio nuts. I miss Galaxy chocolate muffins. Otis Spunkmeyer cannot compare with chocolate-chocolate chip muffins with chocolate icing with chocolate filling...If you don't believe me ask Rachel. She will back me up on this. I miss reading the London Lite and the London Paper on the tube everyday. Sorry, I didn't mean for all of that to come out. But it's true. I miss all of those things. But I'm so glad I get to see my friends again. Even though I'm so super busy with classes and reading, it's so nice to know I'm on the same side of the ocean with them.
I have a bit more reading to do for class tomorrow. Ugh. Oh and did I mention that not only do I have three philosophy classes tomorrow, the fun starts at 8AM? Oh yes. This will be an interesting semester. A very interesting semester...

No comments: