Tuesday, December 30, 2008

the one with oxford pictures

Well, I am finally over my jet-lag. This is made obvious by the fact that I now sleep in until 9.30 or 10 AM, even though my alarm is set for 7.30. Yay.I must say that while I enjoy not getting up at 5.30 before an alarm goes off, I feel that I cheat my days shorter. Oh well. I'm sure I'll get over it soon.
The past week has been a whirlwind of family and church Christmas celebrations. At one such event, I was reminded that I had not put pictures up from my last day when I went to Oxford.I promised I would fix that. So --here goes!

[This is where Joy Davidman lived with her two boys whilst she was in Oxford]
[This is Headington Quarry Parish Church where Lewis worshiped.]


[This is Lewis's earthly resting place. Men must endure their going hence.]


[The Kilns. The white door leads to Lewis's room.]


[Jack's desk. The actual desk is not original, but everything on it is.]

I'll try to put up different pictures with more stories as time goes by, and as I continue to miss London. It is hard being back here and almost harder to see this as 'home'. I'm starting to think it was all a dream and I know some of my other friends are feeling the same way.
One thing I need to get use to is my 'big' room here! Wow! It doesn't mean I have more room, it just means I have more room to put stuff. AND it's more to clean. That's the un-fun part right now. So I should get on that...right.

1 comment:

sharon said...

We are glad you are back. Remember, home is where people love you and you feel safe to be yourself.